Thursday, January 14, 2010

Grinding an Aspie's Gears

You've all seen this on Family Guy in the episode "Stewie B. Goode" of how Peter got his own mini-show on the Channel 5 news. Well, this post is my own version of that. This is "Grinding an Aspie's Gears."

To start this off, these are my annoyances and bothersome events that people have done or things that happen; these are my pet peeves and mean no offense to the things listed. Thanks.

You know what grinds my gears? People who are too lazy to spell out words and use shorthand for everything they have to type. For example, in some chatrooms. The 'noobs' (ignorant people) who use the shortest form of certain words, sometimes even just one letter. This is close to my other post, "The Letter 'K'" which I will put up the link once I find it. They never use capitalization or any punctuation at all, possibly because they think it's cool.

Another thing that grinds my gears is the overexposure of something so insignificant. Take for instance, Michael Jackson who died June 25, 2009, one week before my 19th birthday. That coverage of his death never seemed to stop. Yes, he died and it's sad, but just give it a damn break! And now this recent earthquake in Haiti. Got people texting $10 for the fund; people are dumb sometimes, I swear! It's not like this affects anyone personally.

Didn't really expect to give two helpings of peeves but I had to get those thoughts out. Come back perodically for new gear-grinding posts from your local Aspie geek. AG out!

1 comment:

  1. i kinda agree about the texting thing, but not about the relief

    ReplyDelete